Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebrating Ava

Our precious daughter is one now...this was my first birthday celebration with her, and what a joy it was. We're stretching it out...from Sunday to Saturday! I walked into her room on the morning of her first birthday and smiled at her smile, hugged her and kissed her and wanted to cry! What a blessing she is to our family. I wasn't there at her birth, and I wanted to cry for her first mom...the mother who gave her life. I kissed her a million times on Sunday for her first mom, and I know I will do that all her life.

L,

I prayed for you on Sunday, like I do most days...but especially on Sunday.
I don't know if you cried that day, but I want you to know that we cherish you.
We pray for you.
The joy I feel is all mixed up in the sorrow I imagine you will feel your whole life.
I just want you to know that I love, love, love Ava Manuela, our precious treasure.
I honor you this week and always.

1 comment:

anita said...

Ava is so beautiful, inside and out. She just radiates. God bless her birth mother and God bless you and Pete for being her forever parents. You guys are an awesome family!