Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Home Visit

Our social worker came to our house Friday. I actually didn't go crazy with cleaning. We just made sure the house was normally clean and pick-upped...not crazily clean. :) I was actually really proud of how "chill" I was. Good thing, too, because it's not like our social worker did a white glove test or anything. She just walked through the house and then we talked about how our days normally went. It was a good meeting. We just have one more in two weeks and then we're done...except for making sure all our paperwork is in our file. We're just waiting on Pete's birth certificate and our letters of recommendation! Amazing how quickly it went. I'm just praying that assembling our dossier is the same b/c I know our referral wait time probably will seem like FOREVER.

One quick praise...we turned in our passport applications/renewals last week and we got them TODAY. Can you believe it? 2 weeks for our renewals and Ali's brand new passport.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so glad to hear that the home visit went well. Though I bet your "clean" is probably the same as my "crazy clean" :-) We need to hang out soon. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Lauren Gyorfi said...

Our letter of recommendation is in. It was fun to write about the reasons we love you guys and why you'll be such great parents to your new little one. (Oh, and I made sure to sign it MSW.)

Paul Gyorfi said...

yeah, our letter is in...although i could only sign it with my name. but don't worry, i put "Husband to MSW" after my name, so i think that will help establish some credibility