Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fears

Psalm 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

I've heard people say that the paper-chase of adoption can be considered the 1st trimester of an adoption...I remember being scared and nervous that something would happen to Ali during my first trimester of pregnancy, and strangely, I'm nervous again now for our second child. But there are so many more unknowns. It is taking, by far, more prayer, more trust, more EVERYTHING to keep my eyes on God and trust His will and timing over the entire adoption process. I'm scared about how long we'll have to wait for our child--I wonder how I'll cope during the wait, I'm nervous about being approved by the Colombian government, I'm anxious about all the paperwork that has to come back from a million different places before we can even say we're done paper-chasing, I worry about the finances of the adoption...aahhh. The reason I post all of this is to ask you to pray for us (for me mostly...Pete is amazingly level headed about all of life, thank goodness!) Will you ask God to keep me dedicated to Him and seeking His face through this entire process? I desperately need to trust Him. I KNOW I can't do this without Him.

In other news...our home visit is tomorrow. I'll post about how that goes.

No comments: