Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Give Me Your Eyes

Why am I always so tempted to be selfish all the time? I am in constant need of reminders about where I should focus my thoughts, energies, dreams, and goals...this song reminded me of it tonight
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VWIpQuGwSyQ&feature=related
and this verse reminded me this morning:
Matthew 16:24-26
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"

2 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

This song is a beautiful prayer and one that we need to say daily,
"Lord, give me YOUR eyes to see the world today."
We are praying for you both, the journey, and our future grandchild! Love you all!