Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Amazing News!!!!

This post has been delayed two weeks...most of you reading our blog already know our news, but I wanted to share for those few friends out there who may not know yet. We have a daughter waiting for us in Colombia right now! On May 20th, we got THE CALL that we had been waiting for, and quite honestly, we seriously thought we'd be waiting for this call for much longer! Even our agency was amazed and told us it is very unusual to get a referral so quickly. I wish I could post of picture of our beautiful girl, but I'm going to probably wait until everything is official and she is ours. While we're in Colombia, we will most likely do email updates instead of blog updates, and then I'll post pics when we're back home. So, a lot of you have been asking, what's next, when do you travel? We do not have a solid travel date yet, but our goal is the beginning of July. In the meantime, here's what we have to do:

1. Wait for USCIS to return our I800 with a big fat APPROVED letter! Please pray this happens swiftly!
2. Ask all the people in Colombia working with us if our desired travel date is okay with all of them (basically squaring away our presentation date).
3. Buy plane tickets (talk about sticker shock)!
4. Apply for visas (which means a drive to DC)
5. Finalize all other travel details.
6. Pack and travel to be united as a family!!! We can't wait for this one!
7. While we are doing all of the above...we are also squaring away work plans so that everything is covered while we're gone (no easy task)!

Please pray for our baby, for us as we prepare, and that God would work out all the details. We know he will! I am AMAZED at how he has blessed us in so many ways, not a few of the blessings have come by way of so many of you! Thank you for celebrating with us and praying for our family! We'll post again once we have a travel date!

5 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I saw Lauren's email the other day and was just overjoyed by your news...FINALLY! What a year of waiting it has been...yet you've remained so faithful in your trust in God's perfect timing. Please add me to your email list while you're traveling...I can't wait to see a picture of your daughter :).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emily! How exciting!

Megan said...

Wow!!! Many congratulations to you!!! Cannot wait to follow your journey!

Susan Leonard said...

Congratulations Pete and Emily! YAY God and what a lucky little girl to have you both for parents. I can't wait to meet her on one of my future visits to see Paul, Lauren, and Caleb....

Nancy said...

OMG, I don't know how I missed this, but I hope it is not to late to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!!!