Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'll Probably Laugh Later...

...when we encounter a bigger setback, which I'm sure we will, and I look back on our setbacks of the past 2 days and think how small they were. But right now I'm stressed and worried. It's so hard to remember that we really don't have control of our families (even if we feel like we do!). Thank goodness for my friends this afternoon for being an encouragement and a listening ear. Hanging out with them really made my day.

Our setbacks so that you can pray with us: Our homestudy needs a lot more detailed information and our psychological evaluation needs MOUNTAINS more information, including assessments. We submitted those two things to our placement agency, and they have informed us that Colombia is getting very particular and wants TONS of information on these two documents (more so than in the past). So, off to meet again with social worker and psychologist for the same information. Craziness and stress, especially since we thought we were good to go yesterday so we notarized all our other paperwork to be sent to be authenticated. I think we might just do that anyway and just wait for the homestudy and pysch eval to come later. We're at this point just hoping that none of our paperwork is 6 months old by the time it gets to Colombia b/c then we'll have to turn right and around and renew everything. Aaahhh.

3 comments:

Paul Gyorfi said...

I'm sorry Emily (and Pete) to hear that. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow and if you need to vent any more, we are here!

Lauren Gyorfi said...

Huge Bummer! Sorry I didn't ask about it today in the midst of baby news. We'll keep praying and trusting in God's timing.

Megan said...

Setbacks are hard...what I learned from my first adoption is that all the setbacks and delays are leading you to be ready at the exact time that God wants you to be available for the child He has picked for your family! Tough to realize in the midst of it all but it is absolutely how you will feel after it is done. Hang in there!