Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wow...a needed reminder...

I have no idea how many people actually read this blog...I don't blog too much, but it's kind of a new goal to blog more often (like once a week or so)...but more about that in a minute.

For those reading who don't talk to us IRL on a regular basis, we've made some life-altering decisions...as in, we're now missionary candidates with TEAM to Mexico! I'm sooooo excited and can't wait to share more of our journey because God has been doing some amazing things and answering prayer in some big ways, but for tonight, Oswald Chambers has been reminding me of the responsibility I have to obey God no matter what.

If, however, we obey God, He will care for those who have suffered the consequences of our obedience. We must simply obey and leave all the consequences with Him. Beware of the inclination to dictate to God what consequences you would allow as a condition of your obedience to Him. (Click the link to read the whole entry.)

All that because we had some meetings with TEAM last week, and I came away encouraged and excited from all of them except the missionary kid education one...in fact, I came away from that one thinking, "Oh, crap, we're going to screw up our kids!" But I guess we're all destined to do that in one way or another, right? Fallen people raising fallen kids...praise God for His redemption!!!

So...back to my goal to post more...we're going to Mexico next week (Friday)....NEXT WEEK. Yay...we'll take tons of pictures and I will return excited to share about what's going on in the ministry site we're hoping to become a part of...so, I think we're going to start a new blog just for our missions stuff...on which, I will post once a week...keep me honest, ok, everyone! :) That's the plan anyway!

7 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Emily, this is such exciting news! I will look forward to reading further updates. You and Pete have always been such a great team together...God will surely work through you in wonderful ways as you proceed with this new adventure.

Kelly said...

How very exciting. On Mexico soil is where God really worked on my heart to adopt :) I've been several times to Nuevo Laredo, Vera Cruz, & Puebla. Where are you all going? We are planning another medical/dental mission trip w/our church for 7/2011. Praying it works out for Me, my husband, and oldest son to go.

stacy said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is so wonderful for you AND your kids! They will do great! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Tracy said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Leppard said...

I don't think I'm totally screwed up just a tad wacky:). Seriously, if God is leading and you take the time to let your kids know you love them passionately then they will be fine!! They are just preparing you. And honestly kids can have a perfectly normal life and still be screwed up... ultimately they get the freedom to decide how they want to handle the life they were given. So excited for you guys. There are some wacked MKS out there but most of the ones I know wouldn't trade their lives for anything.

em and pete said...

Haha...Mo...I don't think you're screwed up at all! Just totally awesome. If my kids turn out like you then I'm happy. :) Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it from all of you!!! Can't wait to post updates about Mexico!

Katie Rose M. said...

I'm learning about this obedience thing as well. Sometimes you even have to break some hearts!Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!